Our program consists of a set of rules that each participant must follow to maintain their status in the program. As a program participant, you receive residence in one of our houses.
Often a person who goes to a primary treatment facility will follow with residence in a halfway house. A halfway house offers fewer services than a primary treatment center, but less restrictions are placed on the resident as they begin to re-enter the world. Our program offers one step closer to independence. There are no paid staff and program participants are responsible for purchasing and preparing their own food. However, housing, utilities and furnishings are provided.
Basic rules include:
- Maintain your sobriety
- Attend at least three 12-step meetings a week
- Meet with a 12-step sponsor regularly
- Do not become sexually involved with another program participant
- Attend weekly house meetings on Sunday evenings
- Maintain a full time job, school or volunteer schedule
- Perform a house chore
A complete list of rules will be presented to a program applicant who is invited to one of the houses. If you have specific questions or concerns, please contact us.
Requirements for Applicants
In order to interview for admittance, you must meet some basic requirements:
- You have at least 30 days consecutive sobriety (discretionary for those coming directly from a treatment program)
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are working a 12-step based recovery program
- You do not have a history of violence
What to Bring
Items not provided, that you will need:
- Bedding (Twin Long mattress – 80″ in length)
- Personal care products (soaps, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
Things provided – please do not bring:
- Dishes, glassware, silverware
- Kitchen utensil, cookware
- Microwave, toaster, coffee maker
There are three costs associated with program participation. Those are:
- Program Fee
- Supplies Fee
A deposit is required upon move-in equal to the amount of one month’s program fee.
The Program Fees is $550-$600 per month. (Park House is $550, Grand House is $600) Program Fees are due on the 1st of each month. If moving in at a time other than the beginning of the month, the program fee will be prorated by day.
A supplies fee is collected by the house manager on the 15th of every month. The house manager uses these funds to purchase necessary household supplies. The fee is subject to change, but usually falls within $20 – $30 per month. If extra funds remain after all supplies are purchased the group decides what happens with the extra money.
This money is maintained on a cash-basis and is used to purchase household goods such as:
- Bathroom cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent for household washables
- Dish soap
- Dishwasher soap
- Hand soaps
- Surface cleaners
- Floor care chemicals, mop heads, etc.
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper